Why I Created “Quarantine Diaries”

Last October, I joined the Inktober challenge by drawing single-panel comics of a ginger-haired character. Titled as "Quarantine Diaries", her story revolves around her daily life inside her own home while her community is on quarantine. It is loosely based on my personal experience during this present COVID-19 pandemic that has put countries around the globe into lockdown.

Living away from family and socially distancing from friends has not been easy for me. Add to that the constant fear and worry about possibly contracting the virus that has already killed more than 1.75 million around the globe as of this writing. Thankfully, drawing daily snips of her life has somehow allowed me to cope better and stay ~sane~ during these trying times. It has a therapeutic effect, akin to the effect of putting thoughts into writing. And I hope that as you read them, you will be inspired to stay positive, too. What we are going through right now shall also pass.

Here are my Inktober drawings for week one. I will share the others in a separate post. Alternatively, you may visit my Instagram account (@tangerine.comics) or Facebook Page (@artofsabri) for the daily posts. You will also see there some of my old comics about her before this pandemic started.

Stay safe, everyone!







Comments

  1. I love how you set up your blog! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wouldn't have tried using Blogger if you didn't introduce it to me. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Roses Are Tricky

I’m Setting Aside Comics-Making for A While

I Won't Be Home for Christmas